UT Austin is committed to protecting the personal information of our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. We understand the importance of privacy in today's world and are dedicated to providing a safe and secure environment for all members of our community. Our mission is to ensure that all personal information collected, used, or disclosed by the university is done so in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations. We believe that privacy is a fundamental right and take seriously our responsibility to uphold this right. This privacy website provides information on our privacy policies and practices, as well as resources to help you understand your privacy rights and how we protect your personal information.
Policies, Laws and Regulations
- Handbook of Operating Procedures 9-1610 - Student Rights Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Handbook of Operating Procedures 2-1910 - Availability of Electronic Health Information & Prohibition Against Information Blocking
- Board of Regents’ Rule 50702 - Confidentiality and Security of Education Records Subject to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- UTS 165 - Information Resources Use and Security Policy
- UTS183 - Maintenance of Education Records Subject to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- General Information Catalog - Education Records
Privacy at UT
FERPA, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, is a federal law that pertains to the release of and access to educational records.
UT's Data Privacy Standards provides information about the collection, maintenance and use of personal information or data provided to or otherwise collected or processed by the University.
As a patient of University Health Services, you have choices, rights and responsibilities.
Requirements and guidelines regarding the use and safeguarding of the university's information resources while protecting the privacy of personally identifiable information to ensure compliance.
Minimum standards specifically for devices that are used to work with HIPAA protected data.